zondag 16 september 2012

Review: Step up 4 (Revolution)

Another step, or is it more than just a step?

After watching three Step Up movies, it would be a shame to leave the fourth one unwatched. Together with three friends, I decided to go to the cinema. I hoped I would have the same feeling like before. With every Step Up movie I wish I'm a part of the story, preferably the protagonist. A girl that dances like she was born with a tutu on. And of course.. a handsome boy to catch her when she makes a jump. 

I must admit that I was scared. Honestly, the third Step Up didn't satisfy me. Rick Malambri is beautiful, that's true. But that's the only reason why I might look at it again.
Step Up 4 was better. Oh, what did I just say? I even think it's the best. 
The actors can act, dance and make you feel part of the story. The only thing which annoyed me was the voice of the girl. But I understand, you can't expect perfection.
I also think the best dance scene from all the Step Up movies belongs to the fourth one. My favorite was, without doubt, the one at the museum. Paintings and statues came to life, which was pure magic. Some other people thought that the scene at the office was the best. But at the end, we all came to the same conclusion: the best part of the Step Up movies can be seen in Step Up Revolution!

There's just one thing which annoys me about those movies: their lack of creativity. I'm not talking about the choreography but about the story itself. There's always a handsome boy getting to know a girl. She, how accidental, dances pretty well. They create a crew and start training for a big event which, also very accidental, always turns out to have a happy ending.
There's only one new aspect in this movie: there is no final battle. Thank God, because I had seen enough of them after three movies.

Trailer Step Up 4 Revolution!

So, Ryan Guzman, I don't mind if you want to dance with me. Oh, and a museum is the perfect place for that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten