zaterdag 15 september 2012

Another famous fashion designer... Katie Holmes

Ok guys, I'm a bit in doubt whether I should write in English or in Dutch.. I decided to write my first post in Dutch because it was about a movie from the Netherlands. So I thought that people from other countries wouldn't be interested in it. Still, I was very happy when I saw that American people visited my blog. So tell me, English or Dutch?

Katie Holmes creates simple but expensive clothes

I'm not a huge fan of such news. Almost every week there's another celebrity that tries to become even more famous by adding another job to their carreer.
A singer that wants to act, an actor that wants to design, a designer that creates his own perfume.
And admit it or not, there's only one thing they want to achieve: earning more money. Becoming more popular may be the second reason for such a decision. But talent? I have never seen a person succeeding in ten different sectors. Except for Barbie, who seems to be good at... everything.
Katie Holmes isn't, unfortunately, an exception. Her fashion line isn't creative enough for me. Wearing black and white has been done before. And even her leather jackets and trench coats seem to be bought in Zara or H&M. There's only one difference: the price. 
Her fashion line is quite expensive. The reason is, of course, the fact that you wear her name. On a label, in your clothes. On a spot nobody can see. Too bad.
However, I'm in love with her high waisted skinny jeans. It's not very special, but it doesn't have to. I can see myself wearing it with a blouse and high heels that make you dizzy. 

But no, I'm not going to pay thousands of euros for a black skinny jeans. I bought myself a high waisted jeans in Vero Moda today for €35. 


I'm sorry, Katie Holmes, but my wallet just isn't big enough for you.

1 opmerking: